Welcome to My Paleo Blog!!!

The Paleo Diet (also called the Primal Diet and other like terms) is a simple diet consisting of natural food that we were genetically engineered to eat. The term Paleo comes from the term Paleolithic, referring to the time of our ancestors when we ate based on what was available. Paleo in a nutshell is all about eating natural foods to help achieve optimal health and a healthy physique. The Paleo Diet includes lean meats and seafood, healthy fats (avocadoes, olives, coconut oil), non-starchy vegetables, and non-starchy fruits. The Paleo Diet omits everything else. That everything else includes grains, legumes, sugar and dairy. My goal for this blog is to provide tips on maintaining the Paleo Diet along with delicious paleo recipes.

About Me

My photo
Being fit for almost my entire life and spending most of it in the weight room and outside I decided to try something new in August 2010. It is called Crossfit! And boy has it changed me. I heart Crossfit and it will always be a BIG part of my life. I spend about 80% of my waking thoughts and actions on it because it has transformed my mind and body. I am also very passionate about nutrition, having studied and practiced it for over 10 years. Because of crossfit I have discovered a way to eat that has had an amazing impact on my life...and that is the Paleo Diet. I created this blog to help educate those about the paleo diet in hopes that I can help people make lifestyle changes one meal at a time!

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Almond butter cookies

These are great for when you have those peanut butter cookie cravings!

1 cup almond butter
2/3 cup of coconut (palm) sugar
1 whole egg beaten
1 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of vanilla extract


Preheat oven to 350. In a bowl mix almond butter and sugar. Add the egg, baking powder, and vanilla and mix well. Roll small amounts of the mixture into a ball. Coat the ball in a little more sugar and Place on a greased cookie sheet. With a fork press the balls flat. Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until cookies are light brown. Let them cool before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment